North Utah County Library Cooperative
The cities of American Fork, Eagle Mountain, Highland, Lehi, Pleasant Grove, and Saratoga Springs participate in a reciprocal borrowing system that allows library card holders at any of the cooperating libraries to check out materials from each library. All patrons must have a valid library card from their assigned “home library” and must be in good standing at that library to obtain privileges at another library.
This is not a County library system. Each library maintains its own policies, budget, administration, fees, etc. Library borrowers are encouraged to first search for needed materials at their home library before searching the other libraries’ online catalogs. Materials checked out at each library must be returned to the library they were checked out from according to the due date. All policies and procedures of the lending library are valid and the patron must abide by said polices and will be responsible for any incurred charges.
Saratoga Springs Residents
Saratoga Springs is a junior member of the Cooperative and as such Saratoga Springs cardholders are required to pay a $40 annual fee to another library in order to check items out at that library. We will be eligible for full membership once we have a collection of 50,000 items or 2.5 items for every resident of Saratoga Springs.
- All patrons must have a valid library card from the assigned 'home library' and be in good standing at that library.
- All policies and procedures of the lending library are valid.
- Your library card must be presented at the time of borrowing an item.
- Requests (holds) can be placed at any cooperating library. However, our home library card holders will receive a higher priority for holds. The intent of this policy is to allow the card holders of each of the libraries first access to the materials at that library.
- This card entitles the patron to borrow items only – participating in programs is excluded in the agreement.
Feel free to contact the library if you have any questions.