Track & Field
Track and Field program is designed to be a program to teach the basic skills of track and field. The program includes at least 10 practices as well as at least 3 track meets. The track and field program will compete against other programs from other city recreation departments so some travel with this program is required.
Program Details 2020
- Registration: February 3 to April 6th
- Fees: $65
- Late Registration Fee: $10. If you miss the registration deadline you will be placed on a waitlist. If there is room in the program you will be called to sign up. A $10 fee will apply to those coming off the waitlist.
- Where: Westlake HS Track
- Who: Ages 7 to 14 years old. Ages are determined by USATF age guidelines which are the birth year and not actual age.
- When: Season Starts May (TBD)
- Includes: At least 10 practices, at least 3 meets, and a team shirt
The practice days are Monday and Wednesdays. There will be two practice times in the evening. Depending on registration numbers the age groups will be divided evenly between the two practices. All practices will be held at the Westlake High School track.
A mandatory parent meeting will be held before the season begins. Because of the nature of track and field parents and athletes are responsible to know how practices and meets are to be conducted. This meeting is very important to receive this information. The Parent meeting is TBD.
||Year of Birth
|7 - 8
|9 - 10
|11 - 12
|13 - 14