Reading Buddies is designed for children in 1st-3rd grade. This program uses the McOmber Reading curriculum and focuses on phonics, writing, and sight words. Children must be in 1st-3rd grade in order to participate. Attendance at a mandatory parent meeting is required for registration.
Mandatory Parent Meeting
September 19, 2019 6:30pm
Online registration will be available following the parent meeting.
If there are more than 8 interested participants per session, a lottery will be held.
October 3, 2019-November 14, 2019
(Skipping October 17, 2019)
Group 1: 4:00pm-4:30pm
Group 2: 4:45pm-5:15pm
$15.00 per child; no refunds
- Drop Off and Pick Up: Please drop off and pick up on time. If you are late picking up your child by more than fifteen (15) minutes you will be charged a $5.00 fee.
- Sign-In and Sign-Out: For the safety of the children, parents must sign children in and out in the Library.
- Save My Spot: Please let us know in advance if your child will be unable to attend your scheduled class. Please call the Library at (801) 766-6513 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you know you won’t be able to attend your session. This allows us to make the necessary adjustments with the least disruption.
- Absences Without Notice: If your child misses more than twice (2 times) without notifying us, we will assume that he or she has left the program and they will be replaced by someone on the waiting list. We will not provide a refund for students removed from the program for absences.
- Bathroom: Please make sure your student(s) uses the restroom at home or before class time. We are unable to assist them.
- Sick: Please keep sniffles at home. We are concerned about the health of our staff and patrons. If your child has anything communicable, please notify us by email that your child will be staying at home.
Volunteer Recruitment: We strongly encourage a family member of participants to volunteer with the Reading Buddies program to help us serve the whole community. It could be a parent, older sibling, or extended family member. If you cannot volunteer in the session your child is participating in, feel free to volunteer in one of the other sessions. At this time we are actively recruiting additional volunteers to help provide tutoring services for upcoming sessions. Please help us to recruit by sharing the information with any teens or adults in our community who may be able to help volunteer.
You must attend the first session with your children to review proper library etiquette, learn more about the program, and its format.
Tentative future session dates.Winter Session: Jan 16- Feb 20
Spring Session: Mar 12-April 23 (skipping Apr 9 for spring break)
Summer: June 4-July 9