PASSPORT SERVICES ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Prior to scheduling an appointment, please verify that you have all the required documents, applications filled out in black ink, and separate payments for the U.S. Department of State and the City of Saratoga Springs.
If you do not have the required documents at the time of your appointment,
you may be asked to reschedule.
All forms and up-to-date information on processing times and requirements can be found at the official U.S. Department of State web site: Travel.State.Gov
Exercise caution if using 3rd party/unofficial web sites.
Office hours: Monday - Thursday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
To expedite the process, please have the following items ready to bring to our office:
(For a more complete list see Quick Links.)
- Passport Application – filled out in black ink only but not signed. Download forms from www.travel.state.gov
- A check, money order or cashier's check made payable to the U.S. Department of State for the application fee (one for each applicant). The U.S. Department of State will not accept Starter or Counter checks that your bank prints for you.
- Credit card, check, or cash for the Acceptance Fees payable to Saratoga Springs.
- Valid Picture ID and Photocopy of front and back. For example:
- Driver’s License
- Official Government or Military ID card
- Parent’s Identification to identify minor child (under 16)
- One Passport Photo.
- Saratoga can take pictures for $15 each
- The photo must have been taken within the last six (6) months
- Pictures must be in color and on a white background
- Use a clear image of your face, no glasses, no filters, no selfies
- Pictures must be a 2 by 2 inch square
- See federal guidelines on www.travel.state.gov
- All applicants (including children) must be present when applying for a passport.
If you are applying for a passport for a minor under the age of 16, both parents must be present unless the absent parent has filled out & had notarized a Statement of Consent (Form 3053).
Quick Links for
- Renewal - see if you qualify to renew by mail.
- Apply in Person - each applicant must be present.
- Children Under 16 - must apply for a passport in person with two parents.
- Children Ages 16 & 17 - must apply in person.
- Passport Book or Passport Card?
- Finding & Completing the Right Form
- Citizenship Evidence - you must submit primary evidence of U.S. citizenship.
- Photo Identification - you must present a physical, government-issued photo ID.
- Passport Photos
- Fees & Fee Calculator - Two separate payments are required.
- Get My Passport Fast - see what services are available.
- Check My Application Status - available 14 days after you submit your application.