Fire Pits Within the City
Recreational Fire pits are allowed within the City limits as long as the following rules are followed:
- Fire pits must be 3 feet or less in diameter. Flame height cannot exceed 2 feet above the ring.
- Fire pits must be used for recreation - cooking food, socializing, etc. They cannot be used for burning trash, yard waste, etc.
- Fires must be attended at all times.
- There must be a 25 foot clearing from the fire pit in all directions. This includes overhanging trees, bushes, weeds, furniture and/or any structure including fences.
- You must have a way to extinguish the fire with you at all times, i.e., a hose, shovel, and dirt or an extinguisher.