Track & Field
Track and Field program is designed to be a program to teach the basic skills of track and field. The program includes at least 10 practices as well as at least 3 track meets. The track and field program will compete against other programs from other city recreation departments so some travel with this program is required.
Program Details 2021
- Registration: February 1 to March 29
- Fees: $65
- Late Registration Fee: $10. If you miss the registration deadline you will be placed on a waitlist. If there is room in the program you will be called to sign up. A $10 fee will apply to those coming off the waitlist.
- Where: Westlake HS Track and Thunder Ridge Elementary
- Who: Ages 7 to 14 years old. Ages are determined by USATF age guidelines which are the birth year and not actual age.
- When: The week of April 19, 2021
- Includes: At least 10 practices, at least 3 meets, and a team shirt
The practice days are Monday and Wednesdays each week. Practices will be held at the Westlake High School track and Thunder Ridge Elementary (locations and times may be subject to change).
Practices are scheduled as follows:
4:00-5:00 for ages 7-8
5:00-6:00 for ages 9-10
6:00-7:00 for ages 11-14
(may change based on number of participants in each age group)
Track and Field is an outdoor sport which allows for more space to social distance. Masks will be required when social distancing is not possible. Participants will not be required to wear a mask when participating in an event. Practices and meets will not have any spectator limits, please wear a mask when social distancing is not possible.
A mandatory parent meeting will be held before the season begins. Because of the nature of track and field parents and athletes are responsible to know how practices and meets are to be conducted. This meeting is very important to receive this information. The parent meeting is scheduled for the evening of Monday, April 12th by Zoom.
An Intramural meet has been scheduled for April 26th at Westlake
Regional meets are currently scheduled for May 6th (Springville), May 17th (Westlake), and May 24th (Pleasant Grove)
North Regional is June 5th at Pleasant Grove High school
2021 CUFTA Championship (invitation only) June 16 at Juab High school
Track Meet Results:
||Year of Birth
|7 - 8
|9 - 10
|11 - 12
|13 - 15