Youth Volleyball is a recreational program for kids to learn to play volleyball. In this league players learn basic volleyball skills, rules, how to play as a team, and hopefully get used to calling "mine" or "I go!"
Matches are played on Saturdays or weeknights if necessary at various locations throughout Saratoga Springs.
The volleyball program has seen great growth AND with boys volleyball becoming a sanctioned high school sport, divisions for volleyball will be set-up as follows:
7th, 8th, 9th grade boys (middle school division)
10th, 11th, 12th grads boys (high school division)
7th/8th grade girls, 9th/10th grade girls, 11th/12th grade girls
If registration numbers do not support the divisions, grade and genders may be combined
7th-9th grade age groups will play on Wednesday or Thursday nights and Saturdays, if needed.
One hour long practice is included during the week, practice day/time will be determined by the coach.
Program Details 2023
- Registration: Registration for Saratoga Springs residents will open on December 5 and will run to February 6. Non-resident registration will open on January 3rd until February 6th.
- Late Registration Fee: $10. If you miss the registration deadline you will be placed on a wait list. If there is room on a team you will be emailed to sign up. A $10 fee will apply to those coming off the wait list.
- Where: Local Saratoga Springs Schools
- Who: Coed Grades 3rd/4th - 5th/6th, Girls 7th-12th grades, Boys 7th-12th grades
- When: Season Starts week of March 14
- 7th-9th graders will play either Wednesday or Thursday evenings. 3rd/4th & 5th/6th will play on Saturdays with a possible occasional weeknight.
- Grades 10th-12th TBD
- Fees: $62
- Includes: 7 matches, post season tournament, a participation medal, and 1st and 2nd place awards.
Each participant must have a Saratoga Springs Recreation jersey to play. Jerseys will be a one time fee to buy the shirt if you do not have one from soccer or flag football already. We will use the same jersey each season so for as long as it fits you don't need to purchase another one. Jerseys are $14.
All grades will be placed on teams by school they attend. Player requests can be made during the registration process but are not guaranteed. If you are coming off the wait list we are just filling in remaining space so school area and friend requests may not be possible.
Volunteer coaches are needed. Coaches are expected to attend a mandatory meeting for information about rules and to pick up equipment and rosters. Coaches will be notified of time and place after registration ends.