Miss Saratoga Springs Scholarship Pageant
The Miss Saratoga Springs Scholarship Pageant is a program designed to help young women in Saratoga Springs serve their community and gain scholarship money for higher education. The pageant is open to young ladies between the ages of 16 and 21 years (as of March 7th, 2020).
- Date: March 6
- Facebook Live
Pageant Program Information
- Applications and pageant information for 2021 will be available online on December 20. Please read through the application information carefully before filling out the application.
- To participate you must attend a Mandatory Parent Meeting. No applications will be accepted after January 21.
- January 21
- Via Zoom
- Those that wish to attend must fill out the application by 5pm on January 21 to receive the link to the zoom meeting.
Little Miss & Jr. Miss Saratoga Springs
- The Little Miss Saratoga Springs Essay Contest will be open to young girls who are 9 - 12 years of age (as of March 6, 2021) and are residents of Saratoga Springs.
- The Jr. Miss Saratoga Springs Essay Contest will be open to girls who are 13 - 15 years of age (as of March 6, 2021) and are residents of Saratoga Springs.
The winners will be chosen based on the content of the essay (including grammar and punctuation). They will be introduced at the Miss Saratoga Springs Scholarship pageant on March 6 at 7:00pm. They will get to attend city events throughout the year. Work alongside our Miss Saratoga Springs royalty and serve as representatives of our community.
Those who wish to participate in either Little Miss or Jr. Miss will need to fill out the applicable application and write an essay on "How I can help others feel part of the community."
Applications and essays will be accepted online until the end of day February 8, 2021. Only the first 25 applications/essays will be accepted in each age category. One winner from each group will become our Little Miss Saratoga Springs and Jr. Miss Saratoga Springs.
- Essay must be written solely by the contestant.
- Essays should be no longer than one page, single sided, on letter sized paper.
- Please use double spacing and a 12 pt Times New Roman Font.
Due to COVID-19 we will not be doing interviews this year. The participants will have an opportunity to submit a collage that shows the judges a bit about themselves. The collage will not be judged. Below are the guidelines for the collage. There is free software available online that you can use to design your collage such as canva.com or venngage.com
It should include 6-8 photos on a digital 8x10 collage. Please include:
- One Headshot
- Two-Three pictures that highlight your hobbies/interests/talents
- One-Two pictures that highlight your accomplishments/academics
- One picture highlighting your family/support group
- One picture that you feel represents you the best.
Please include a caption or a description of each picture underneath, on the back, or on a separate page. Design your collage the way you want it to look, and let your creativity and personality show in your design.