- Public Works
- Streets Division
- Road Construction
Keep up to date on the latest road construction projects in Saratoga Springs. Below you will find information and links to UDOT and city road construction projects. All construction timelines are subject to change. For real time updates on these projects follow us on Facebook @cityofsaratogasprings
Current City Road Construction Projects
- Regent Street: May 1 - June 15
- Riverside Dr at the Pony Express Parkway roundabout: May 8 - June 8
- Thrive Dr: May 15 - June 15
- Northshore Drive: May 10 - June 21
- Redwood Rd north of Commerce Dr: May 15 - June 15
- 400 S on Redwood Rd: May 16 - June 30
- The following roads will be impacted by shoulder work from March 20 - June 20:
- Ruger Dr
- Appaloosa Dr
- Berretta Ave
- Marlin Ave
- Remington Ave
- Weatherby Dr
- Ring Rd
- Western Dr
- Cimarron Ave
- Cahill Ave
- Chisum Ave
- Savage Ave
- Hunter Dr
- Lariat Dr
- Stetson Ave
- Thoroughbred Dr
A portion of the RC Park parking lot will be closed until June 13 for a utility installation. Access to RC Park and the Jordan River Trail will be available from the north. Residents should use caution when passing the construction zone.
Wild Blossom Blvd
Wild Blossom Blvd will be narrowed to one lane west of Chianti St for asphalt repair from May 17 - June 17
Exchange Dr will have a lane shift near Tractor Supply for a utility connection. There will also be a closure further south for the same utility work. The work is expected to last from March 8 - November 30.
Lake Dr will be limited to one lane near KFC and Fizz for a utility installation. This work is expected to last from March 8 - November 30.
Timpanogos Special Service District (TSSD) West Side Interceptor Project
PROJECT OVERVIEW - Timpanogos Special Service District (TSSD) will be installing an additional sewer line along the south side of 7350 North between Lehi Center Street and Saratoga Road in Lehi and Saratoga Springs. This new line, the Westside Interceptor, will run parallel to the existing sewer line to accommodate growing service needs in the area. The public should expect both sides of 7350 North to be impacted by construction. Construction is anticipated to last through fall 2024.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Day work, Monday through Friday
- Weekend work as needed
- Occasional traffic shifts, detours and lane closures
- Temporary intersection closures at Saratoga Road and Lehi Center Street in early 2023
- Increased noise, vibration, dust and lighting
Saratoga Road will be closed April 5 for a utility tie in for the TSSD project. For more information on this
145 North/7350 North between Clark Drive and Mountain Sunrise Academy will remain closed through spring 2023 for the duration of the waterline construction, which is expected to be completed in spring 2023.
Access to Mountain Sunrise Academy will be maintained throughout construction. However, parents should expect additional traffic delays during pick-up and drop-off times. Follow the posted construction signage and use extreme caution when allowing children to navigate the construction area.
For more information on this project or to contact the project manager go to the TSSD Project Page.
South Sewer Pipeline Project
As part of the south sewer line project, 2015 S. and Ring Road will close to through traffic beginning May 3. The closure is expected to last for five weeks ending June 7. Beginning May 13, the north exit from the Maverick convenience store on 2015 S. will reopen to provide additional eastern flow access to Redwood Road.
Summary Facts About The Project
- The project is a new sewer pipeline.
- The benefit of the project is to provide additional capacity, reduce reliance on pumping, and improve the redundancy of the sewer collection system.
- This project alone does not resolve the lack of sewer collection system capacity; a pump station is also required.
- The project extends from Grandview Blvd to Ring Road.
- The project also includes small sewer improvements in the development above Ring Road.
Foothill Blvd. Extension Project
City Council has awarded the bid to build the Foothill Blvd expansion from Pony Express Parkway to Lariat Blvd. The project began in spring 2022 with an estimated completion fall 2023.
- Project Cost – Estimated Project Cost is $14M - $17M.
- Funding Sources and Amounts – The City received funding from the Mountainland Association of Governments (MAG) in the amount of $8.5 M and anticipates we will be submitting a request in the near future to increase MAG funding to $10M. This funding will become available in FY 2024. Securing funding for the remainder of the project will be the responsibility of the City. The City may pursue additional grants and funding sources for this project as they become available.
- Project Scope - This project will extend the existing Foothill Boulevard (800 West) from its current southern terminus at Pony Express Parkway approximately 3.2 miles south to Lariat Boulevard. This first phase will be designed as a 3-lane minor arterial with one travel lane in each direction and a continuous center lane. It is anticipated that between Pony Express Parkway and Grandview Boulevard this roadway will become part of northbound frontage road of the future Mountain View Corridor when it expands to this location. South of Grandview Boulevard the roadway will be remain a local road.
- Brief Description - This project is an important component of the future regional transportation system since it will be constructing what will become the northbound frontage road for the future Mountain View Corridor. When completed it will provide a connection to the existing Mountain View Corridor via 800 West. This will provide congestion relief to Redwood Road by providing an alternate north-south route along the west side of south Saratoga Springs where approximately 11,000 residents currently have only a single road to access their homes.
- Current Actions – The City has solicited Statements of Qualifications from engineering firms in order to select a consultant to provide planning and design services for this project. Once selected, design on the project will begin immediately.
- Next Steps - The City will simultaneously be working on right-of-way acquisition and on an advanced funding agreement with MAG to facilitate a fast tracked timeline of construction.
- Timeline – Work has begun on the project.
UDOT CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS
$350M has been programmed by UDOT at their STIP workshop last week to build MVC from 2100 north to Porter Rockwell starting in 2023 with a 2 year construction period and they are also funding the Environmental Impact Study or EIS on Foothill Boulevard a.k.a. Mountain View South