Keep up to date on the latest road construction projects in Saratoga Springs. Below you will find information and links to UDOT and city road construction projects. All construction timelines are subject to change. For real time updates on these projects follow us on Facebook @cityofsaratogasprings
Current City Road Construction Projects
- Saratoga Road (Northshore, Commerce): September 28 - May 17, 2023
- Saratoga Road (North Marina Improvements): December 1 - April 28, 2023
- Redwood Road (From Grandview Blvd - Ring Rd): November 1 - April 1, 2023 (South City Sewer Pipeline Project. See details below.)
- Medical Drive: December 27 - January 27, 2023
- Redwood Road and Medical Drive: January 25 - February 22
- Harvest Moon Drive: January 30 - February 28
Timpanogos Special Service District (TSSD) West Side Interceptor Project
PROJECT OVERVIEW - As of Monday, Sept. 12, the Timpanogos Special Service District (TSSD) will be installing an additional sewer line along the south side of 7350 North between Lehi Center Street and Saratoga Road in Lehi and Saratoga Springs. This new line, the Westside Interceptor, will run parallel to the existing sewer line to accommodate growing service needs in the area. The public should expect both sides of 7350 North to be impacted by construction. Construction is anticipated to last through fall 2024.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Day work, Monday through Friday
- Weekend work as needed
- Occasional traffic shifts, detours and lane closures
- Temporary intersection closures at Saratoga Road and Lehi Center Street in early 2023
- Increased noise, vibration, dust and lighting
- To maintain the construction schedule of the Westside Interceptor Project, the current closure of 7350 North/145 North will extend north up 9150 West to 1650 South. Additionally, the closure of 7350 North/145 North will be extended west to Clark Drive. This closure will be in place through February 2023. Drivers needing to access the local schools and the surrounding area should use the detour routes outlined below.
For more information on this project or to contact the project manager go to the TSSD Project Page.
South City Sewer Pipeline Project
Construction of the South City Sewer Pipeline Project will run through May 2023. The project begins at Grandview Blvd and south to Ring Road.
Summary Facts About The Project
- The project is a new sewer pipeline.
- The benefit of the project is to provide additional capacity, reduce reliance on pumping, and improve the redundancy of the sewer collection system.
- This project alone does not resolve the lack of sewer collection system capacity; a pump station is also required.
- The project extends from Grandview Blvd to Ring Road.
- The project also includes small sewer improvements in the development above Ring Road.
- 95% of the work is located outside of the public right of way in easements.
- Lake View Terrace will be affected by a closure from January - December
- Ring Road will be affected by traffic controls requiring slower speeds. This portion of the project is expected to take place at some point between March-May 2023.
Foothill Blvd. Extension Project
City Council has awarded the bid to build the Foothill Blvd expansion from Pony Express Parkway to Lariat Blvd. The project began in spring 2022 with an estimated completion fall 2023.
UDOT CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS
$350M has been programmed by UDOT at their STIP workshop last week to build MVC from 2100 north to Porter Rockwell starting in 2023 with a 2 year construction period and they are also funding the Environmental Impact Study or EIS on Foothill Boulevard a.k.a. Mountain View South