Continuances and Reschedules

In order to continue or reschedule an upcoming court date for your traffic or criminal case this criteria must be met:

1. You must not be represented by a public or private attorney.

2. You must file a formal Motion to Continue with the Justice Court and Prosecutor's Office no later than end of business on the Wednesday before your upcoming court date. No exceptions will be made! Your current address and phone number must be provided on the motion.

3. You have not had any other continuances, reschedules, or failures to appear on your case.

4. You must file an Order on Motion to Continue form with the Motion for the Judge to sign. (see below)

5. You may file the motion and order to continue at the court window, e-mail it to, or fax it to 801-766-9794.

Motion to Continue